Football Addicted

Please Sign Up first....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Football Addicted

Please Sign Up first....

Football Addicted

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Football Addicted

Official Football Fans Forum

Please Read Forum Rules Before Posting !

Asamoah Gyan (Sunderland reject bid from Turkish club).

Messi
    Messi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Browser : Safari
    Male Posts : 45

Asamoah Gyan (Sunderland reject bid from Turkish club).  Empty Asamoah Gyan (Sunderland reject bid from Turkish club).

Post by Messi Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:58 pm

Asamoah Gyan (Sunderland reject bid from Turkish club).  Gyan_2562477

Asamoah Gyan has told skysports.com that he is flattered to be linked with Tottenham but insists he knows nothing of their reported interest.

The Sunderland striker is being linked with a move to White Hart Lane, possibly as part of a deal which would see Peter Crouch move to Wearside.

And Spurs boss Harry Redknapp has admitted that he could see Sunderland making an approach to them, given they have just pocketed £20million from the sale of Jordan Henderson to Liverpool.

"Crouchie is not one we want to sell if we can help it. Henderson has gone to Liverpool, so Sunderland have some money to spend," he told The Sun.

"Perhaps Niall Quinn or Steve Bruce will be on the phone trying to buy one or two of ours."

No contact

But Ghana superstar Gyan has now told skysports.com that he knows nothing of the reported link, insisting he has not been in contact with the capital outfit.

"I am not aware of any contact from Spurs, I have a contract with Sunderland. At the moment it is rumours," he told skysports.com.

"I was in London three weeks ago for an award in London with my good friend John Pantsil, not for a meeting with Spurs."

But Gyan admitted Spurs would be an attractive proposition, adding: "Spurs are a fantastic club and any player would be flattered by their interest, so I am, but there is nothing I can do if Sunderland want to keep me."

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:16 am